Thursday, November 3, 2011

Nutrition: To enjoy food or not ?

Unless you are training for a competition or are severely overweight, I don't think it's psychologically healthy to restrict your diet so much. I know myself I love to cook delicious food and many times that involves some bad fats. Now this is not an excuse for you to think that you can eat pizza and cheeseburgers all the time, and say fuck the healthy food. I believe the majority of ones dietary intake should be comprised of 80% healthy food, and 20% bad food.When I say healthy food, I'm talking about things like chicken breasts, nuts/seeds, veggies/fruits, fish, quinoa, brown rice etc etc. When I say "bad" food, I don't mean food that's spoiled, I mean foods that generally contain higher saturated fats and higher sodium. If you are training your ass off 5-7 days a week with whatever it is you enjoy for exercise, then I think you deserve to enjoy life a little by indulging in some of those "bad" foods.

Now if you want to look like a professional fitness model all the time, male or female, then you should actually be eating just healthy food and say goodbye to those bad foods you love.....if you are doing it naturally. If you are on the sauce (roids) then you can cheat a little more do to the profound positive effects on the body. Of course this still doesn't mean you can eat like a pig and expect results, it just means you can have some bad foods here and there and not have to worry as much as someone who is trying to do things naturally.

I guess what I'm getting at is that depending on what your actual goals are , you should adjust your diet accordingly. I myself don't personally care if I have an 8 pack and am at 8% bodyfat. I'm not training for a bodybuilding comp, or trying to be a magazine cover model. I also don't want to have to restrict my body from enjoying life. Counting calories consumed, macro nutrients, micro nutrients, and counting calories burned is just not my idea of fun. Now I am not trying to insult anyone who is involved in bodybuilding, or fitness/figure. If that's your thing and you love it, then great , I support you all the way and admire your dedication. I just personally don't find enjoyment in that anymore. I would rather train my body for overall practically by doing whole body conditioning. Yes I want to look good, but I also want to be strong, fast, powerful and have endurance. I think doing so will make life more enjoyable and last much longer.

So bottom line: Train your ass off so you can enjoy the pleasures in life !

Demon

1 comment:

  1. love this Brett!! nice work!! I love your honesty and realistic views.

    -Steph

    ReplyDelete